Fashion and Style Blog

Saturday 25 August 2012

Purple Reign, Purple Reign

Alberta Ferretti, Prada, Gucci, Erdem, 
   Fendi, Christopher Kane

I love purple, it is one of my favourite colours, so you can imagine my excitement when it started popping up all over the catwalk at the AW12 collections. 
It is a perfect colour for winter, rich and deep but still really vibrant. It will be welcome tonic to all the black and leather we will no doubt we wearing. And as you can see from my picks above you can wear it loads of different styles, dress it up, wool it up or even coat it up. I mean how amazing is that Alberta Ferretti coat in the center? 
What I really liked was the way Prada and Christopher Kane used the colour with prints and textures, creating beautiful pattens that are so wearable but decadent at the same time. 
I think this could a perfect Christmas party dress colour, it would really stand out from the crowd. We just need to hope the high street and online retailers come up with some fab pieces for us to get our hands on! I will be getting my fashion feelers out and will hopefully find some real treats, which I will share with you. 
However, if you think head to toe purple is a step to far, then use accessories to wear the trend, bags, shoes and earrings will bring a pop of colour to any look. What do you think, are you joining me in the purple love in?

Are you loving this bank holiday weekend? It is so nice to have that extra day just to chill. I will be hitting the shops this weekend, I want to go and check out the Louise Gray collection for Topshop, it looks fab. And I want to start building up my AW wardrobe, so will be picking out a few key pieces, starting with my winter jacket, the staple. (well living in rained filled Manchester anyway) 
Tomorrow we are heading down to Manchester's Northern Quarter, as they are having a big street party with DJ's and food so will be posting on that too. 
Hope you all have lovely plans! 

Happy Bank Holiday!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. oh i love purple, i see i need start shopping some purple sweaters :)

    xx

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to hit the shops! :-)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig