Fashion and Style Blog

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Wedding Guest Look!

Hi Guys, 
Today's post is the outfit I put together to wear to the wedding I went to at the weekend. The weather was gorgeous, so that helped make the day go really well and also worked in with my choice of outfit! 

Dress- Primark (Worn as a top) Skirt- Glamorous 
Clutch- Miss Selfridges, Heels- Newlook
Bracelets- H&M and Primark, Earrings- Topshop
Nails-OPI Suzi's Hungary Again

As you will know from my posts last week, I was really struggling with what to wear to this wedding, as I did not want to get anything new and my reason was 2 fold. 
1) I have a lot going on over the next couple of months and it would have felt like a real indulgence to go and buy a complete new look. 
2) I wanted to challenge myself to dig through the depths of my wardrobe and find something to style up, as I do have so many pieces that are worn once or twice and never used again, which is something I am trying to remedy. 

So off into my cupboards I went and found this graphic print body con dress that is literally years old. I got it to wear out on my Birthday 2 years ago and I think I think I have worn it once since. I really like the Peter Pilotto style print and love the pinks, black and turquoise colours together, and I thought it would be quite different for a wedding. However, it is quite a short dress and is very tight, so I did not think that it would be quite right for a wedding as really you need to be a bit more tailored and classy, it is not a big night out, it is a wedding after all! 
So that is when I thought about wearing the dress as a top, and folding up the bottom of the dress. I initially thought a black skirt would look good with this print, but when I was going through my skirts I cam across my white peplum Glamourous skirt that I wore to London Fashion week (post here). I am slightly obsessed with white anyway, but I really loved the way it sat with the dress and the peplum style was perfect for making my silhouette more wedding appropriate. 

It was such a comfy outfit and I got lots of compliments on it, wish just made me feel so much better that I had not ran out and spend £60-70 on a new dress. I would defo recommend a good wardrobe raid the next time you have a big event to go too, as I bet you will come up with something you would never have thought.
As for accessories, I kept it really simple and did not even put a flower in my hair, as it just did not go with the print of the dress. 
What do you think, do you like my look? Are you a closet raider too?

I hope you all had lovely Bank Holiday weekends? It just feels like it flew by now, never mind it is only a 4 day week and I am going on holiday in 2 weeks so am in full holiday fashion mode now! 
Will also be posting my Summer Fashion Essentials video tomorrow,on my You Tube Channel so be sure to stay tuned. 

Happy Tuesday! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig