Fashion and Style Blog

Monday 17 September 2012

London Fashion Week- Runway Reports!


Hi Guys!

I am sure like me you are absolutely loving London Fashion Week so far? I have literally been blown away with some of the pieces, and really feel like some of the UK's newest designers have propelled themselves forward with some beautiful collections. 
Mary Katranzou and Peter Pilotto trademark prints have developed once more and have created stand out pieces that push the bounds of digital graphic. PPQ produced stunning sixties inspired dress, kaftan's and separates and Michael Van Ham brought a new sophistication to his signature style. 
They have been so many it is hard to take it all in, but for me the 3 shows so far that have really captivated not only myself but the whole of the fashion community are Burberry Prorsum, Jonathan Saunders and Christopher Kane. Twitter, Facebook and instagram went into melt down when these designs hit the catwalk, and with good cause, these collections were bold, daring and detailed and have have us set for a fashiontastic SS13!

 Burberry Prorsum
There was so much hype surrounding this collection, after the snow storm back in February, no one knew what to expect from this SS13 show. It was also one of the most interactive shows, live streaming in the Burberry store and online, which is fantastic for fashion, it makes it accessible to all and fuels the social media  buzz. 
This collection was still holding on to the trademarks of trenches and fitted waists,which is so wearable for so many body shapes, however there was also new designs, silhouette's and amazing metallics! Christopher Bailey has nailed it once more. 

                                                           Jonathan Saunders 
This was such a fun collection from Jonathan Saunders, I loved the sequins, sparkle and brights that hit the catwalk. The metallic pencil skirt I literally adore, it was the stand out item for me, but to be honest I fell in love with all of it. It was a lot less formal that previous outings from Saunders and a real fresh change. We will all want these round glasses next summer. 

                                                         Christopher Kane 
It was all nuts and bolts for this collection from Christopher Kane, in the detailing and shoes! Combined with gorgeous pastel pinks, yellows and quilted white jackets. I also loved the use of bows and ruffles on the shoulders, waists and hips, the overall effect was effortless and perfect for spring. 

I hope you all have had nice weekends? It just feels a bit manic at the moment for me, but in a good way. London fashion has been amazing and I am already excited for Paris and Milan! And I had a fantastic time at my friend Amy's birthday on Saturday night, it was a great night, but I am still feeling the effects today! (too many glasses of fizz!)Oh well, it was for a worthy cause. 

I hope you all have fab weeks, I have lots of posts coming up over the next few days, some new outfit posts and my Topshop Unique and JW Anderson reviews, so stay tuned! 

Happy Monday! 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig