Fashion and Style Blog

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Lace and Leather- Northern Qtr Takeover!

Hi Guys, 

Today's post is a bit different, as it will not just be fashion based, I will be sharing with you my photo's from Bank Holiday Sunday's Northern Quarter Takeover in Manchester. This is a huge street party/mini festival that happens twice a year in Manchester's coolest area, with DJ's, Food stalls, fair rides and a whole lot more!
 And of course I share with you my outfit for the big occasion- I hope you enjoy!

Jacket- Miss Rebel, TShirt- Topshop, Skirt- H&M
Boots- Newlook, Necklace- Next, Bracelets- Topshop
Bag- Primark, Sunglasses- ASOS, Rings- Forever 21 and Accessorize 
Nails- OPI- Spy Who Loved Me

And, now some of the Takeover!


It really is fantastic event, with over 7,000 people coming to party in the streets and create such a perfect Bank Holiday atmosphere, off which it would be rude not to get involved! 
This is the 3rd Takeover we had been too and this was by far the biggest and best, with such yummy food and drink from the Northern Quarter's favourite Bars and Restaurants, we were slightly over indulgent, but hey, it had to be done! And dancing round the streets to the new Daft Punk and Pharrell song like an idiot- I LOVE that song!

The streets are also filled with some serious fashionistas, and amazing street style, so picking the right outfit is a must! So I went for my new beloved cream/white Lace Skirt  from H&M, and to give it a bit of an edge I teamed it with a old Topshop T Shirt and leather jacket and I was really pleased with the results. 
This skirt I had been eyeing up for a few weeks, but could not find my size in the Manchester stores, so when I spotted it last Thursday I literally skipped to the checkout, it will be fab all rounder, for work, holiday's, nights out or dressed down, I am so happy with it and for £19.99 I love it even more! 
Do you like the look? Is there any pieces you know will be great Summer staples?  


Well, I hope you like my pics and I hope you have all had a good week so far? I will be honest I have struggled to get back into this week, after such a lovely long weekend in the Sun. Sometimes you just need a few days off from everything to chill out don't you? 
But it's all go again now, work is busy busy and I have lots of blog post to catch up on, and I am going to the  Glamorous blog party tomorrow night which will be fun and I will be tweeting from, so be sure to check out my Instagram throughout the night! 

Happy Wednesday! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice outfit, love the lace and leather combo! Looks like a fun day out! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbie, it was a great day! xxxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig