Fashion and Style Blog

Thursday 9 February 2012

When Two become One!


I, like most fashion conscious ladies, love the designers and if i could, would be decked out everyday in Erdem, Chanel and Prada. Unfortunately the old budget will not stretch to this and so I have to do my best to hand pick signature designer items and pieces to get my high end fashion fix. 

What I love is when the Designer meets the high street in an collaboration that both the expensive shopper and budget fashionista can get excited about.
Previous examples have been Giles Deacon for New Look, Julian McDonald for Debenhams, but the real trail blazers for this market have been H&M. Who in the past have brought us Viktor and Rolf, Madonna and the very keenly anticipated and successful Versace range in 2012. 

The new meeting of minds is Marni for H&M.(drum roll please)

Consuelo Castiglioni, who founded the brand in 1994 has created beautiful collections of bold fabrics and wonderful tailoring, which I have loved(from a far).  
So, I was thrilled to hear that this range was going to be true to the Marni roots with vivid colours and prints, but still being completely wearable and easily fitting in with every ladies wardrobe. 

image supplied by vouge

Unlike the Versace range,which was quite gaudy and although wonderful not to every ones tastes, this will be much more accessible and should be the starting point for all girls summer wish list, I am already picturing a cocktail in hand by the pool in one the beautiful maxi dresses! 

The range will be in selected stores from the 8th March, and to get you even more excited check out the advert for the collection directed by non other than the fabulous Sofia Coppola!

Happy Shopping ladies, and I will be posting my new designer meets high street purchases very soon!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig