Fashion and Style Blog

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Met Ball 2012 The Dresses!

Last night saw the world of Fashion come together in their finest for the annual Met Ball hosted by fashion legend Anna Wintour.
This years ball was in celebration of two very special Italian Designers, Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada in a wonderful showcase of both of their work and the affinities between them.
The link to the exhibtion is here, it's really worth a look!
  
http://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2012/impossible-conversations/about-the-exhibition

 And is the perfect excuse for the the who's who of celebrity to work with their favourite designers and have bespoke dresses made for them for the world to see. It is one of the biggest nights in the fashion calendar and I have been so excited to see the collaborations! I was keen to see if the colours and styles we had seen at the Oscars would return, and if the AW12 collections would make an appearance. White and metallic were once again very popular and there were some stunning examples, Ashley Greene was a vision. But, what I loved was the use of colour on the red carpet, and as you will see below, there was plenty of bold choices! 

So after a lot of debate, here are my winners of the night! 

The Colour Queens!


                                                                        Karlie Kloss - Jason Wu 

                            
                              Emily Blunt - Calvin Klein 

                       
                            Dianne Kruger- Prada 


                                                            Solange Knowles - Rachel Roy


                   Kristen Wig- Stella McCartney 

                
                     January Jones- Versace 


                         Hedi Klum- Escada 


                          White Wonders!



                  Ashley Greene- Donna Karen


Claire Dannes- J.Mendel 


Amy Adams- Giambattista Valli


Shimmering Stunners!


                      Leighton Meester- Marchesa


                      Jessica Alba- Michel Kors 

                  
                     Carey Mulligan- Prada


                    Camilla Belle- Ralph Lauren 


                      Gywneth Paltrow- Prada 


                   Dree Hemmingway- Topshop 


  And like every red carpet event, there has to be some losers.... and for me the following stars just did not look there best!



Rachel Zoe- ( in her own design)
For me, there was too much fringing and not enough body! Rachel's small frame could not really carry the fringe effect off, it felt like it was weighing her down. But I loved the dark lips and statement necklace!


Kristen Dunst- Rodarte
I normally am I big fan Kristen Dunst, she can do quirky really well and has had some best dressed nods from me in the past. But this look does not do it for me, I feel like it is not tailored enough and the skirt could be more fitted to enhance her fab figure. 


Kristen Stewart- Balenciaga
I know I am in the minority, but I am not a fan of Kristen Stewart's look here, the shoes are cutting off the length of her legs and the spilt panel across the tummy does not flatter.   


                   Dakota Fanning- Louis Vuitton
       This colour does not suit Dakota, her lovely pale complexion looks pasty against the grey. I love to see her in bright and bold colours.   

                       

                    The Stand out Divas! 




                 
                   Beyonce Knowles- Givenchy




                                                              Alexa- Just Alexa!

                                               
                                  Stella McCartney-(In her own design )


Well, that is my round up, I hope you like my picks and agree with me that was a great year for the fashion event! Going through these fab frocks has cheered up my Tuesday and first day back in work after a lovely long bank holiday weekend! 
I will be posting my weekend outfits very soon- so stay tuned! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!

    Cannot pick a favourite!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kellina, but I think Solange Knowles might be my fav!

      Delete
  2. Good picks, we have some similar faves... ALthough I feel Alexa's dress would've looked better ona fuller figured person

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mik,

      You could be right, but I just always love her quirky style. x

      Delete
  3. Oh my favourite for sure was the Jason Wu worn by Karlie. Just stunning!

    (well, aside from Prada's for Anna Wintour perhaps!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did LOVE the Jason Wu, I actually picked his collection out as my favourite at the end of New York Fashion week! x

      Delete
  4. Great choices of the worst dressed ! Cant belive Rachel Zoe looked the way she did !
    talk about being a stylist !
    Loving your blog , earned my follow on blogluvin !

    comment me back , please ? xo :)

    whoreswearchanel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matthew,

      I know I was shocked by Rachel, it was just not right! Thanks for the follow, I have checked out your blog and it is great. Following you on bloglovin too! :0 x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig