Fashion and Style Blog

Thursday 14 June 2012

Highlights of the Week in Fashion!

Well, it has been a while since I posted a highlight of the week feature, but with it being such a busy week in the world of fashion I felt the need comment on all the exciting news! 
The big stories this week is Designer-High Street collaborations! This is always a huge interest to me as I love designer collections and would love to be dressed in them everyday, but I am (for the most part) a High Street/ Online/ Vintage fashion girl, so when the designers come together with the High Street Brands it is fab! As it allows us regular fashionista's to get our hands on some beautiful pieces that will be in our wardrobes for years!

We have already had Karl Lagerfeld with Net-a Porter and Marni for H&M this year and now this Autumn Winter we are going to have JW Anderson for Topshop and Martin Margiela for H&M! #excited

JW Anderson will be hitting the shops in September and will be a range of denim, outwear, jersey and his famous knitwear, and the area's of the shop dedicated to the collection will have objects such as pencils, Rubik's cubes and photography books to fit in with the designs. I love when a designer really puts their stamp on a collaboration and you really feel that is is an extension of the full designer range, but accessible for all! Yeah, I know it is hard to think of winter knit wear now, but it will make the cold months a bit easier to bear!
I have loved Anderson's collection for the last couple of season's he was the king of the print trouser at the SS12 shows and his paisley PJ style outfits have been everywhere. And I was a big fan of his NEW GEN exhibition at this years London Fashion Week, and his T shirt design for Topshop's NEW GEN range, he really is Derek Zoolander style "so hot right now!"

                 JW Anderson SS12 Collection
                           Anderson's Topshop NEW GEN Fashion Week T Shirt

We will have to wait a bit longer for the H&M and Margiela collection as this is not due to hit the High Street until the 15th November, but in true fashion PR moves they have got us all excited with an teaser video of the designers at work!


This is a lot more a "out there" meeting of minds, as Margiela is know as a Design House to be very bold and radical and not main stream fashion trends, so it will be fascinating to see what pieces they will present us with. It will be Women's wear, Menswear and accessories, so there will be plenty to feast out eyes on. I like that H&M are making a daring move in this collaboration, although they will still make the collection "fashion for all" but using such a unique designer we are guaranteed to get truly interesting pieces! 

                                                              

So all in all a very exciting week for us fashion loveies, plus the Men's fashion Week that are due to start this weekend it really is all go! 

I am really busy too, I feel like I am literally just getting back into being home from my last holiday and I am going on another! On Sunday I am flying out to Spain with my Parents for a complete and utter chill out holiday and I can't wait, not that I did not love my girly break but it was a bit more hard core than this will be. We are staying on the coast outside Barcelona so I will definitely be heading there to do some shopping and tapas eating! I love Barcelona, it has such a great vibe and I will hopefully be able to get some great pictures for the blog too.

I hope you have all had a good week and have nice plans for the weekend? It feels like it has just flown in, but at least it is Friday tomorrow and we will be heading out in Manchester's Northern Quarter to watch the England, Sweden Match in the Euro's so that should be good way to blow off steam after a long week!
Well hope this post has not been to long and wordy, will also be posting my top festival fashion picks very soon too so stay tuned! 

Happy Early Weekend! 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig