Fashion and Style Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year!- My Christmas Party Outfit Post!

Hey Guys! 

Firstly I wanted to say a huge Happy New Year to you all and I hope had a wonderful Christmas time and partied your way through the festivities! 
And I wanted to say a massive thank you to each of you who, read and enjoy my blog, it means so much to me and is the reason I love doing what I do. There are so many amazing and inspiring blogs out there, so that fact that you want to check in on mine is fab!
 It has nearly been a year since I started Logans Runway and so many exciting things have happened over the past 12 months and I am so grateful for all your kind words and support and I hope 2013 will be the same!

 I am sorry for the lack of blogging lately, but to be honest just before Christmas things were getting really hectic and I hit a bit of a burn out. I was at home staying with my Parents and having a lovely time seeing Friends and Family and I just did not have the time to sit down and write, properly. 
But, I am now back and ready to hit the ground running, I have got lots of exciting things coming up over the next month or so and planning some new layout ideas and weekly post formats so thank you for your patience and stay tuned!

But now back to the fashion. 
I wanted to show you what I wore to my big work Christmas Party, as you know I had been planning the look for a while, but in the end I went for the last dress I thought I would. 
It was very different to all the sequins, velvets and leathers everyone else for wearing, but I felt really comfortable and very me. ( which is crucial for a big night of dancing!) 

I hope you like the look!

Dress- Newlook, Necklace-Newlook, Clutch- Primark
Watch- DKNY, Bangles- Miss Selfridges, Shoes- Newlook
Lips- Sleek Mulberry, 
Nails- Essie Bordeaux and Barry M Amethyst Glitter

As you know I am a big lover of white dresses, for me they always really stand out in a crowd, while still being timeless. 
I had originally seen a gorgeous Topshop version of this dress that was more structured, with shoulder pads that I loved, but I could not get it in my size in Manchester, the Trafford Center or online in time for the party, so I went for the Newlook version instead.
On reflection I am so glad that it worked out this way, as I loved the dress and it was soo comfy and I will get wear out of it again and again. 
As the dress was so simple I teamed it with a big statement necklace and sequin bag and bold lip colour (an amazing Sleek colour I had been after for ages!) to give it a Chritsmasy feel, what do you think?

Well, today was the first day back in work after the break and it was so hard to get up and moving, but it feels great to be back on the blog. I will be posting my favourite outfits of 2012 in the next couple of days so be sure to look out for that!

Happy New Year and Happy Wednesday!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I absolutely love your dress!

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      Happy New Year to you to. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your outfits are always so elegant.
    If you hadn't followed me on Twitter, I would never have discovered your gorgeous blog.
    Looking forward to reading it this year!
    Plus I'm still quite new to Blogger, so any tips you have (mainly ones about settings and layout of the blog style) will be really appreciated.
    Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, thanks for the comment. I would love to take a look at your blog and give you some advise ( if I can) please send me your link and I will check it out. x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig