Fashion and Style Blog

Sunday 19 February 2017

Athleisure


So, you have seen/heard the phrase Athleisure flying around in fashion editorials, articles, bloggers and basically everywhere on the highstreet! But wtf is it actually all about and how can you (all us mere mortals who are not walking down a catwalk everyday) wear it?




Working in fashion, this trend is nothing new and has been doing the rounds for at least 3-4 seasons, but it really feels that this Spring season, is the first one that all the big fashion players and highstreet have really pushed it. (do you agree?)
The definition of "Athleisure" is: a trend in fashion in which clothing designed for workouts and other athletic activities is worn in other settings, such as during work, casual or social occasions.
And to a certain extent, that is what is it, but I like to think of it more as relaxed tailoring, so I don't feel as restricted as dressing up my yoga pants! 
This look I am wearing I how I define athleisure, mixing casual with a classic piece like these tie waist black trousers. 
Next have really nailed this trend for me this season, they have some fab casual jumpers, jackets and tops (like the one I am wearing) that are really stylish and wearable, however brand like Missguided have also owned this trend since day one! 
I wore this when we were in Lisbon, it was my mooching outfit, cos it is so comfy, but still had a stylish edge. 
I think that is what I like about this trend, is it's ease of styling, it could be a hoody with a blazer or putting some kitten heels with your wide leg joggers, there are no rules, and that is what makes it fun- surely? 


What are your favourite ways to style this trend? I would love to know! 

I am wearing: 

Top: Next

Trousers: Missguided

Shoes: Newlook

Sunglasses:Accessorize

Bag: L K Bennet


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig